Open Letter from Friends of Rajat
The Signatories are extremely concerned that the portrayal of Rajat Gupta in the press and blogosphere have promoted impressions of him that are entirely inconsistent with the Rajat we know.
Rajat has built several world-class humanitarian and educational institutions, a legacy that will outlive all of us and greatly benefit future generations.
The REAL Rajat known to us over several decades is completely at odds with the public narrative. To our collective knowledge which spans a lifetime and covers hundreds of friends Rajat has:
- always upheld the highest of ethical standards;
- been judged, without a chance to tell his side of the story; and
- been mischaracterized by people who have little or no knowledge of him.
Rajat has maintained his innocence with total conviction. We fully stand by him:
- in his rights to presumption of innocence
- in his efforts to clear his name and
- in his cause to win back his well-deserved reputation for integrity in all aspects of his life and his dedication to humanitarian causes.